MARINETTE COUNTY, Wis. (WFRV) -A 73-year-old motorcyclist from the Town of Grover is dead after a three-vehicle crash in Marinette County on Saturday afternoon.
According to the Marinette County Sheriff’s Office, deputies responded just after 1 p.m. to a report of a three-vehicle crash on County B and Hartwig Road involving a motorcycle and two pickup trucks.
After further investigation into the incident, police determined the motorcyclist was headed westbound on County B and was slowing to make a turn onto Hartwig Road when it was struck from behind by a pickup truck driven by a 20-year-old Peshtigo man.
Officials say the impact from the hit sent the motorcyclist skidding into the path of an eastbound pickup truck driven by an 84-year-old man Marinette man.
The eastbound pickup truck is said to have then ran over the motorcyclist.
Authorities report the motorcyclist, identified as 73-year-old Verlon Voelker, was pronounced dead at the scene by the Medical Examiner.
The Marinette Sheriff’s Department say the incident remains under investigation at this time.
- Wintry mix early tomorrow, breezy start next week
- J&J’s 1-dose shot cleared, giving US 3rd COVID-19 vaccine
- Water clarity, ice conditions remain in good shape on 2nd to last day of sturgeon spearing season
- Notre Dame girls aim to cap dream season with state title
- Percentage of available hospital beds in Wisconsin jumps up 2 percent, total COVID-19 patients in ICU decreases