A lightning strike hit a house in Fond du Lac causing the house to catch on fire just before 5:30 pm Friday.
The Fond du Lac Fire/Rescue responded to the 700 block of Country Club Lane for a report of a lightning strike to a house.
Those living in the house said they could smell smoke.
Officials reported damage to the exterior of the roof and the inside of the garage.
Smoke and fire was also found in the attic, but firefighters quickly extinguished it to avoid the fire from spreading.
The lightning strike caused severe damage to the electrical wiring throughout the house.
No injuries were reported.