TUESDAY 9/20/2022 12:20 p.m
APPLETON, Wis. (WFRV) – The Appleton Fire Department has cleared the 1500 block of Lawrence Street after working on a gas leak.
Firefighters explained the department has left and the area is now open for use in an updated Facebook post.
Original: ‘Active’ gas leak near W. Lawrence Street, Appleton Fire Dept. responds
TUESDAY 9/20/2022 10:57 a.m
APPLETON, Wis. (WFRV) – The Appleton Fire Department is asking the public to avoid a street in the city as they work on an ‘active’ gas leak.
Firefighters tweeted around 10:45 a.m. that the leak is near the 1500 block of W. Lawrence Street.
They say there was no need to worry and that there is no danger to the public.
Local 5 will update this article if more information is released.