SATURDAY 12/11/2021 12:28 p.m.
WAUPACA, Wis, (WFRV) – A fire erupted in a Waupaca apartment building on Saturday morning after a snowplow hit a natural gas line near the building causing an explosion.
According to Waupaca Police Department, at around 9 a.m., several local law enforcement agencies and fire personnel responded to an eight-room apartment building, located in the 500 block Wisconsin Street, after it was reported that a snowplow had struck the buildings gas meter and caused a gas leak.
Officers say that upon arrival at the scene, an explosion occurred causing a fire to start in the utility room of the building.
Everybody in the apartment was able to make it out safely and no injuries were reported. Neighbors and Cahoots Adult Day Service and the American Red Cross both assisted the residents that were displaced due to the fire.
As of 6 p.m., the American Red Cross said they were helping eight residents affected by this incident.
Original Story: Active incident in Waupaca, what we know so far
SATURDAY 12/11/2021 10:10 a.m.
WAUPACA, Wis, (WFRV) – There is an active incident underway in Waupaca County.
On Saturday morning, the Waupaca Fire Department shared with Local 5 that crews are assisting in an active incident taking place at the 500 block Wisconsin Street in Waupaca.
Officials have not released any further information surrounding the nature of this incident. Local 5 is currently en route to the scene and will provide updates to this story as we learn more.