APPLETON, Wis. (WFRV) – Appleton Mayor Jake Woodford celebrated Valley Transit with a proclamation dedicated to its commitment to people with disabilities.
Mayor Woodford also announced that July 26 would be a holiday in the City of Appleton to recognize the 30th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The mayor says Valley Transit has taken big steps toward making the Fox Valley accessible.
“We have full participation, equal opportunity, everyone whether they’re in a wheelchair or with a cane or they have eye issues, they have a way to be in employment,” Joe Martin, Appleton’s District 4 Alderperson, tells WFRV Local 5.
Valley Transit services communities from Appleton to Fox Crossing and all over the Fox Valley area.
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- Warren Gerds/Critic at Large: Students prepare original pandemic-themed plays at Oshkosh school
- New quarry causing tension in Door County
- Local Veteran surprised with gift of car
- Man arrested in North Carolina in May accused of threatening to kill Joe Biden