APPLETON, Wis. (WFRV) – Appleton Police say they’re investigating an incident involving a possible arson that occured over the weekend.
Authorities say they are actively investigating the incident as a potential hate crime. The incident resulted in damage to a home.
“As we move closer to election day, please be respectful and kind to your neighbors,” Appleton Police say. “This election year we have taken numerous reports of damage and theft of political materials. The acts of a few does not represent our community, let’s keep Appleton a great place to live.”
Appleton Police tell WFRV Local 5 that they are unable to release any other details at this time.
Anyone with information regarding the incident is asked to contact Appleton Police at 920-832-5500.
- Justice for Daunte Wright Rally draws small crowd in Appleton
- Green Bay Blizzard prepares for 2021 season with training camp
- Fox Cities P.A.C. announces new shows, series for upcoming season
- Allergy season is getting longer and more intense
- Pentagon researchers develop under-the-skin sensor that detects COVID infection