GREEN BAY AREA REGIONAL NEWS: Brown County

Bellevue Fire & Rescue: Pay attention when cooking food, evacuate when alarms sound

Local News

BELLEVUE, Wis. (WFRV) — Bellevue Fire & Rescue are reminding the public to pay close attention when using cooking appliances and to evacuate the building if the fire alarms activate after an incident on Wednesday.

Around 4:42 p.m., crews were called to 1540 South Huron Road in Bellevue for a fire alarm activation and smoke filling the hallways.

Crews say the fire alarm system was active and residents were evacuating when they arrived.

Smoke was reportedly coming from a second-floor unit. Upon entry, crews encountered light smoke in the hallway.

Crews then gained access into the second-floor apartment and found heavy smoke conditions.

According to officials, the smoke was due to unattended cooking materials on the stovetop. A resident was found in the apartment. He was able to make it outside on his own, received treatment, and was released at the scene.

Crews assisted in ventilating the building.

All occupants were allowed back into their units, according to officials.

No other injuries were reported.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Coronavirus News

More Coronavirus

Trending Stories

Your Local Election HQ

More Election

Local Sports

Appleton North & Manitowoc Lincoln girls, Kimberly boys punch tickets to spring state

Kimberly boys and girls volleyball teams prepare for sectional showdowns

Blizzard preps for 2021 season

Game of the Week: Notre Dame wins instant classic on late field goal

High School Sports Xtra: Extended interview with state swimming champ Brigitta Neverman

Appleton's AJ Powell gets Masters experience at Drive, Chip, & Putt