GREEN BAY AREA REGIONAL NEWS: Brown County

Bellevue Fire & Rescue respond to electrical fire at Festival Foods

Local News

BELLEVUE, Wis. (WFRV) — Bellevue Fire & Rescue say they responded to an electrical fire at Festival Foods in Bellevue Friday morning.

According to officials, crews were dispatched to 2534 Steffens Court around 5:06 a.m. for a report of an electrical fire coming from an outlet near the deli.

Upon arrival, officials say the building was full of smoke with an electrical smell. The fire alarm was not active and no evacuations were taking place.

Bellevue Fire & Rescue say the fire originated in a 4-outlet electrical box which caused surrounding shelving to start on fire.

Officials say a delivery truck driver noticed the fire and alerted Festival Foods staff.

An employee then contained the fire with a portable fire extinguisher.

Electric fans and opened exit doors were used throughout the building to ventilate the smoke. Air monitoring was conducted throughout the building with normal levels found.

Crews want to remind everyone of the importance of having and using portable fire extinguishers.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Coronavirus News

More Coronavirus

Trending Stories

Your Local Election HQ

More Election

Local Sports

Notre Dame opens with shutout win over Kaukauna

WPGA Championship wraps up at Green Bay Country Club, Smith shoots 68 to win

HSSPX: Clintonville's Wederath defies blindness to take court

High School Sports Xtra - Area Football Previews

Green and Gold Game Day - Picks and Final Thoughts

Green and Gold Game Day - Live in Minneapolis talking offense