BROWN COUNTY, Wis. (WFRV) – With a heavy heart, the planning committee of Rockin’ New Year’s Eve has decided to cancel this year’s holiday event.
The celebration was originally designed to provide a safe, alcohol-free way for families in Brown County to welcome in the New Year, says the committee.
If the event wasn’t canceled, officials say this would have been the 30th celebration, which has previously been held at different venues, such as:
- Several of the Y’s
- The Boys and Girls Club
- The Cornerstone Community Ice Center
- The Door County Sled Dogs
- The Kroc Community Center
- The Neville Public Museum
- Fireworks at Leicht Park
Committee members say the decision was ultimately made to ensure everyone’s safety during the pandemic.
In addition, they encourage people to look forward to the next event coming in the year 2022.
- LIVE BLOG: Packers face off against the Rams
- Wisconsin DHS reports highest single-day COVID-19 death toll to date
- Some in the GOP parrot far-right talk of a coming civil war
- Former deputy sentenced in Dodge Co. to 2 years in prison for burglary
- New technology at Appleton International Airport makes travel air safer