Burning Cigarette Butt Receptacle Sparks Small Fire Outside Bellevue Home Depot

Local News
Home Depot

Bellevue Fire and Rescue says a burning cigarette butt receptacle and a trash receptacle lead to a small fire outside the Home Depot at 2595 Eaton Road on Wednesday just before midnight. 

Crews say the fire set off the sprinkler system outside the building. The store was not open at the time, but a cleaning crew was inside. Nobody was injured. 

Firefighters quickly put out the fire and shut off the sprinkler system. 

Besides a broken window, the building was not damaged. The heat however did damage some outdoor furniture outside the store. 

Crews say the fire started in the cigarette butt receptacle outside of the entrance door. 

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Coronavirus News

More Coronavirus

Trending Stories

Your Local Election HQ

More Election

Local Sports

Northeast Wisconsin natives Dietzen, Heim get shot as undrafted free agents

De Pere football looks to finish undefeated regular season

Timber Rattlers open with win over Beloit, fans return to Fox Cities Stadium

UW-Green Bay's Charles Guthrie named Akron University's Athletic Director

Timber Rattlers ready for return to action, start of 2021 season

Kimberly pulls away from Neenah, prepares for Fondy