(WPRI) — Ready for the most wonderful time of the year? It seems many are more than ready as the coronavirus pandemic rages on in a year like no other.
Thankfully, CBS has just announced its 2020 holiday special schedule, so mark your calendars for Frosty, Rudolph, and more beloved characters.
Here’s when you can catch the special programming on WFRV and below that is also a comprehensive TV listing of Christmas themed shows, movies, and premieres available on other networks:
Friday, Nov. 27, 2020
- Frosty The Snowman – 7 p.m.
- Frosty, that “jolly, happy soul” whose old silk hat full of magic has turned him into a musical Christmas legend, once again demonstrates his unique showmanship. Narrated by Jimmy Durante, the special also includes the voices of Jackie Vernon (as Frosty) and Billy De Wolfe (as Professor Hinkle).
- Frosty Returns – 7:30 p.m.
- The magic still in his old silk hat, the holiday season’s perennially popular original dancing snowman continues his adventure and skates on the edge of danger. Jonathan Winters is the narrator with John Goodman as the voice of Frosty.
Saturday, Nov. 28, 2020
- Robbie The Reindeer: Hooves of Fire – 7 p.m.
- In this animated special, Robbie (voiced by Ben Stiller) must train to compete in the Reindeer Races to become a part of the sleigh team for Santa (voiced by Jim Belushi).
- Robbie The Reindeer: Legend of the Lost Tribe – 7:30 p.m.
- In the second of two 30-minute specials, Robbie battles Blitzen (voiced by Hugh Grant) in an effort to stop his nemesis’s launch of a reindeer theme park. Britney Spears, James Woods, Leah Remini, and Jerry Stiller are among the additional stars to lend their voices.
- The Story of Santa Claus 8 p.m.
- This animated musical holiday special revolves around a gentle toymaker (voiced by Ed Asner) whose only wish is to deliver a toy to every child on Christmas. The voices of Betty White and Tim Curry are also featured.
Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2020
- Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer – 7 p.m.
- Narrated by Burl Ives, who is also heard as the voice of Sam the Snowman, this favorite is a musical story based on the popular song of the same name by Johnny Marks. It recounts the tale of a shy reindeer whose Christmas spirit is dampened because his shiny nose has made him the laughingstock of all of Christmasville.
All specials are also available on CBS All Access – Holiday Central »
Check back for updates as CBS announces additional holiday programming.
- Wisconsin law firm sues to block student loan forgiveness
- Popular roller rink in Winnebago County closing after 50 years of skating
- Pair accused in fishing scandal won thousands of dollars, boat in string of wins
- Green Bay Police don pink badge, patch for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- One Wisconsin county has 8 OWI arrests over the weekend, sheriff says it ‘continues to be national problem’