Chimney fire in apartment building forces three out of residence

Local News

APPLETON – A chimney fire in an apartment complex in Appleton took three people out of their homes on Sunday night.

At approximately 6:12 p.m., Appleton Fire Department units were sent to 3208 E. Canary St. for a report of a fire on the roof of an apartment building. After an initial investigation, units found an apartment that was using a wood burning fire place that led to the chimney fire in the attic.

The fire was quickly extinguished while the people living in the building exited. Three people had to be moved from their home due to the upper apartment becoming uninhabitable. Red Cross is assisting with shelter.

Nobody was injured and the fire is still under investigation.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Coronavirus News

More Coronavirus

Trending Stories

Your Local Election HQ

More Election

Local Sports

Booyah rally late against Woodchucks

Thumbnail for the video titled "Booyah rally late against Woodchucks"

Green Bay Booyah rally past Dock Spiders in rain-shortened tilt

Thumbnail for the video titled "Green Bay Booyah rally past Dock Spiders in rain-shortened tilt"

Dean Lowry locking in on offseason goals

Thumbnail for the video titled "Dean Lowry locking in on offseason goals"

Booyah win a close one over Fond du Lac

Thumbnail for the video titled "Booyah win a close one over Fond du Lac"

Booyah get first win, Dock Spiders fall late in Friday action

Thumbnail for the video titled "Booyah get first win, Dock Spiders fall late in Friday action"

Packers' unique relationship with St. Norbert College to take one-year hiatus

Thumbnail for the video titled "Packers' unique relationship with St. Norbert College to take one-year hiatus"