APPLETON – A chimney fire in an apartment complex in Appleton took three people out of their homes on Sunday night.
At approximately 6:12 p.m., Appleton Fire Department units were sent to 3208 E. Canary St. for a report of a fire on the roof of an apartment building. After an initial investigation, units found an apartment that was using a wood burning fire place that led to the chimney fire in the attic.
The fire was quickly extinguished while the people living in the building exited. Three people had to be moved from their home due to the upper apartment becoming uninhabitable. Red Cross is assisting with shelter.
Nobody was injured and the fire is still under investigation.