GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) – A convicted felon found with a loaded gun and numerous drugs was arrested in Green Bay on March 10 following an attempted traffic stop for speeding in a school zone.
According to the Green Bay Police Department, James Mitchell, a 20-year-old from Green Bay was reportedly found with a loaded Glock 45 caliber handgun with a 26-round magazine along with numerous drugs.
With help from the K9 Unit, officers in Green Bay took Mitchell into custody after a brief pursuit that began as an attempted traffic stop for alleged speeding in a school zone near the 1000 block of Laverne Drive.
Officers say the pursuit ended in the 900 block of Mt. Mary Drive after a foot chase.
It was also reported by witnesses that Mitchell made entry into a home in the 900 block of Laverne Drive without consent.
Items seized as a result of the incident include a Loaded Glock 45 Caliber Handgun with a 26-Round Magazine, 38 Grams of Crack-Cocaine, MDMA, prescription drugs, a digital scale, and an undisclosed amount of cash.
On March 15, Mitchell was charged with the following:
- Possession of a Firearm by a Felon – Repeater
- Bail Jumping – Repeater
- Knowingly Flee/Elude or Attempt to Flee/Elude an Officer – Repeater
- Possession with Intent to Deliver Cocaine (>15 – 40G) – Repeater
- Obstructing an Officer – Repeater
- Possession of a Controlled Substance – Repeater
- Possess/Illegally Obtained Prescription – Repeater – Two Counts
No further details are being released at this time.
Local 5 will update this story when new information is provided.