TUESDAY 12/27/2020 3:42 p.m.
TOWN OF RIVERVIEW, Wis. (WFRV) – The Oconto County Sheriff’s Office has identified the victims of the fatal house fire on Saturday.
Officials identify Mountain residents, 34-year-old Rebecca Powers and 39-year-old Joseph Reinke as the two victims found inside the home.
Authorities say the investigation remains ongoing.
Original Story: Crews battle house fire, two people found dead inside
TOWN OF RIVERVIEW, Wis. (WFRV)- Officials in the Northwoods are investigating a fatal residential fire.
The fire happened Saturday, December 26 at 8:23 a.m. in the 1600 block of North Maiden Lake Road in the Town of Riverview.
Both the Oconto County Sheriff’s Office and Riverview Fire Department responded to the scene after a passing motorist called the fire in.
When they arrived, they found the structure was largely consumed by the fire, which was down to the foundation.
During their suppression efforts, first responders found two deceased individuals inside the structure.
The fire is being investigated by several departments including the Oconto County Sheriff’s Office and the Wisconsin Department of Criminal Investigation-Arson Bureau.
- 81-unit apartment complex to be built near downtown Manitowoc
- Biden to block Trump’s plan to lift COVID-19 European travel restrictions
- No indication of insider threat before inauguration, says acting Pentagon chief
- Manitowoc School Board approves referendum for April election
- Green Bay, Fox Cities Salvation Army surpass Christmas campaign goal