Fire Chief Charles Leipzig told the Police and Fire Commission Tuesday the record fire loss came in the days following the Aug. 23 shooting of Blake, who was left partially paralyzed by the gunshots to his back.
Blake, a 29-year-old Black man, was shot seven times by a white police officer after walking away from the officer and two others who were trying to arrest him.
On the second night following Blake’s shooting, prosecutors say 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse fatally shot two demonstrators and wounded a third.
His attorney claims it was self defense.
- Businesses near Lambeau say playoff run is helping them
- Leave a legacy, name a bench at Friends of Peninsula State Park
- On Day One, Biden targets Trump policies on climate, virus
- Springfield youth inspired by the Inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris
- COVID-19 vaccination clinic scheduled to open in Sheboygan