Fire Chief Charles Leipzig told the Police and Fire Commission Tuesday the record fire loss came in the days following the Aug. 23 shooting of Blake, who was left partially paralyzed by the gunshots to his back.
Blake, a 29-year-old Black man, was shot seven times by a white police officer after walking away from the officer and two others who were trying to arrest him.
On the second night following Blake’s shooting, prosecutors say 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse fatally shot two demonstrators and wounded a third.
His attorney claims it was self defense.
- Warren Gerds/Critic at Large: Week ahead: Performances arriving or no longer in calendar, part 29
- Green Bay restaurant owner offering free beer samples to celebrate his family roots in Luxembourg
- Oshkosh neighborhood upset with the number of sex offenders at a transitional living facility
- Bitter debate taunts overpower Trump’s, Biden’s visions
- Nonprofits find new ways to fundraise as coronavirus pandemic continues