DE PERE, Wis. (WFRV) – The De Pere Chamber of Commerce held its fifth annual Art in the Park event over the weekend at a new location.
The event, usually held in Voyageur Park, hosted a variety of artists at the Olde School Square in Ledgeview on June 28.
Organizers say Art in the Park is about sharing the love of art and encouraging students to participate in and appreciate the arts.
“I think it’s a really positive opportunity and I really enjoy being out in the sunshine and getting a chance to showcase what I sell and a chance to sell blooms, too, because I can’t do that over the internet. So it’s nice to be in person and interact,” Chelsea Keller, a local artist, tells WFRV Local 5.
Art in the Park is free and open to the public. Some venders say turn out was a little down this year, but it was still a great day to get out and celebrate the arts.
- Studies suggest a link between blood type and COVID-19
- Cooler temperatures last through the weekend
- Green Bay’s troubled tourism industry takes another blow
- 1919 Kitchen and Tap, The Turn, 46 Below reopening in Green Bay
- WPS to close downtown Green Bay campus as employees work remotely, move to different location