FOND DU LAC, Wis. (WFRV) – A dog is dead and a person is hospitalized after a house fire in Fond du Lac Monday morning.
Fond du Lac Fire/Rescue Fire Chief Peter O’Leary, in a video posted to Facebook Monday morning shortly before 10 a.m., said crews were responding to a house fire at 11 E. 10th Street near Main Street.
A man, found on the porch, was transported to an area hospital.
While Chief O’Leary says a dog was found and placed in the care of the Humane Society in the video below, a 10 a.m. update from Fond du Lac Fire/Rescue says that dog was found deceased.
Chief O’Leary says they are working to determine the cause of the fire.
No other details are available at this time.
- Bonduel Harley-Davidson dealership like ‘coming to the candy store’
- Wisconsin attorney general suing over GOP lame-duck law
- Wisconsin hunter dies after accidental shooting incident
- GM to recall 7 million vehicles worldwide to replace Takata air bags
- Just over 25% of the latest COVID-19 tests come back positive in Wisconsin