STURGEON BAY, Wis. (WFRV) In a normal year, the start of January would have been filled with polar plunges, but due to the pandemic, many of those events had to be canceled.
But Waterfront Mary’s Bar & Grill in Sturgeon Bay took the plunge to a new level in order to keep the community safe.
They hosted a daylong polar plunge to help raise funds for the Southern Door Fire Department.
The change of schedule was done to avoid large crowds that normally come with a polar plunge.
Jacksonport Polar Bear Club had to postpone their New Year’s Day swim due to COVID-19, but they plan on having the event again on January 1, 2022.
- Judge says Amazon won’t have to restore Parler web service
- McConnell seeks to push Trump impeachment trial to February
- Fond du Lac man dead after crash with semi near Kiekhaefer Parkway
- Surge of people 65 and up in Green Bay area looking to receive COVID-19 vaccine, but supply is limited
- Trial scheduled in 2022 for man alleged in killing Shawano brothers