GREEN BAY AREA REGIONAL NEWS: Brown County

Fire erupts at Georgia Pacific in Green Bay

Local News

GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) – Green Bay’s Georgia Pacific is facing an estimated $50,000 loss after one of its company’s machines caught fire on Saturday afternoon.

According to the Green Bay Metro Fire Department (GBMFD), at around 4:16 p.m., crews responded to Georgia Pacific, located on the 1900 block S. Broadway Street, for reports of a fire in one of the machines.

Firefighters report they were able to extinguish the flames by using the buildings own sprinkler system. Crews later stayed on the scene to help ventilate the large building.

After further investigation, officials confirm that the fire started in the conveyor system and was caused by overheated paper products. While no injuries were reported during the incident, the company now faces around $50,000 worth in damages due to the incident.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Coronavirus News

More Coronavirus

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

Your Local Election HQ

More Election

Local Sports

Quinn Finley represents Green Bay in Team USA

Training Camp Report: Packers hold light practice, o-line building depth

The Impromptu 1996 Home Run Derby

Training Camp Report: Rodgers signs reworked deal, Cobb makes practice debut

Training Camp Report: Packers take field for first time, big day at the podium

Training Camp Report: Rodgers back in town, Cobb too?