WEDNESDAY, 5/11/2022, 10:25 p.m.

DARBOY, Wis. (WFRV) – Darboy Assisted Living residents were returned home this evening after an emergency evacuation to a Menasha Facility due to smoke from a neighboring fire.

Dozens of firefighters and EMS were on hand to help move the six residents in the facility.

Mike Stanonik, the Assistant Fire Chief for the Town of Harrison Fire Department Station 70, said, “We did evacuate Darboy Assisted Living for precautionary measures.”

Michele Packett, the Administrator at the Darboy, Bethel and Shiloh Assisted Living Facilities, said they are very close with the affected family and are trying to find ways to help.

“I really feel bad for the family our prayers go out to the family. We did let them know if there’s anything they need to please let us know,” she said.

First responders in Darboy for fire, assisted living evacuated

WEDNESDAY, 5/11/2022, 02:38 p.m.

DARBOY, Wis. (WFRV) – There are multiple first responders at Silver Court in Darboy dealing with the aftermath of a fire.

Local 5 has a reporter at the location. The Harrison Fire Department tells us they were called for a garage fire and Darboy Assisted Living was evacuated for precaution. The department says the fire has been put out.

Firefighters say assisted living residents can go back after the smoke is under control. They explain that the attached garage is a total loss and no injuries have been reported.

A family is impacted by the fire and first responder explained they will likely not be able to stay in their home tonight or in the near future.