FOND DU LAC, Wis. (WFRV) – A gas leak has caused some classes on Moraine Park Technical College’s Fond du Lac campus to be canceled on Monday.
According to a release, a gas leak was discovered earlier in the day.
The area impacted, the E wing, was immediately evacuated. Moraine Park says they are working with the Fond du Lac Fire Department and contractors to repair the leak and decrease gas levels.
To ensure the safety of students and employees, Moraine Park says all classes scheduled to take place in the E wing are canceled for the remainder of Monday, Sept. 14, including all evening classes.
Classes outside of the E wing will continue as scheduled.
Officials say it is unknown how long crews will need to fix the issue, but there is no risk to those in the area or other parts of the Moraine Park campus.
Students and staff are asked to avoid the impacted area.
No other details are available at this time.
- Warren Gerds/Critic at Large: One and one and one and one = a fantastic four in Wisconsin theater
- Purple Porch Project: Raising awareness about domestic violence
- Dry stretch with warmer air on the way
- De Pere home construction is building back strong from the pandemic
- Package containing ricin and addressed to Trump intercepted by law enforcement