WEDNESDAY 1/26/2022 10:30 a.m.

LITTLE CHUTE, Wis. (WFRV) – Officials have released more information regarding a gas leak that happened Tuesday morning in Little Chute.

According to the Little Chute Fire Department, they were called around 10:18 a.m. after a contractor working at the BLC Community Bank hit a gas line. Businesses and residents within about a block were evacuated but were able to go to the Village Hall to stay warm.

WE Energies responded to the incident and they had to shut off three different valves which is why the process took longer to fix.

The Fire Chief also stressed the importance of staying off the streets when they have blockades up.

UPDATE: Roads in Little Chute back open after gas leak

TUESDAY 1/25/2022 3:54 p.m.

LITTLE CHUTE, Wis. (WFRV) – Residents in Little Chute are back in their homes and businesses after a gas leak that happened Tuesday morning.

They had blocked off several streets but were able to open the area back up just after 2 p.m. There is no word on how the gas leak happened.

Little Chute Fire Department and Fox Valley Metro Police Department responded to the scene.

Original Story: Gas leak in Little Chute, businesses evacuated

TUESDAY 1/25/2022 11:07 a.m.

LITTLE CHUTE, Wis. (WFRV) – A gas leak in downtown Little Chute has caused multiple businesses to evacuate.

First responders are on the scene. The incident is happening in the 200 block of East Main Street. Police say that if you’re driving in the area of Main Street, Pine Street, and Vandenbroek Street, expect to see some barriers as police direct traffic away from the area.

Local 5’s Paul Steeno says the businesses in the surrounding area have been evacuated.

Local 5 will continue to update this story.