Grease Fire Forces Family of Five out of Home

Local News
fire generic_1545049095911.jpg.jpg

A family of five is out of their home following a grease fire Thursday night.

At 9:48 p.m., the New London Fire Department received a report of a fire at 1009 South Mill Street. A woman was reportedly cooking food in the kitchen when grease caught on fire. Everyone was able to safely escape the home.

The fire was contained to the kitchen, but other areas of the home suffered smoke and heat damage. The family has been assisted by the Red Cross and is now staying at a local hotel.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Coronavirus News

More Coronavirus

Trending Stories

Your Local Election HQ

More Election

Local Sports

Mishicot wins first state title in school history

Mishicot looks to capture state title in La Crosse

Howards Grove girls look to finish strong at state

Local boys basketball teams advance to sectional finals

African American Icons: Harry Boyce

Mishicot back in familiar territory despite pandemic