GREEN BAY AREA REGIONAL NEWS: Brown County

Green Bay apartment fire leaves one without home

Local News

GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) – One person is without a home after a kitchen fire in an apartment in Green Bay’s Monroe Plaza.

Green Bay Metro Fire says they were dispatched to the 400 block of North Monroe around 3:20 a.m. Wednesday morning for a smoke alarm activation.

Upon arrival, Green Bay Metro Fire crews found a fire in a single apartment. The fire was extinguished within 10 minutes, allowing crews to continue overhaul and ventilation activities for the next half hour.

All occupants in the apartment building were sheltered in place while crews responded to the fire.

Green Bay Metro says the fire caused an estimated $15,000 damage to the single apartment. No one was injured during this incident and the fire remains under investigation by the Fire Marshal’s Office.

LATEST STORIES

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Coronavirus News

More Coronavirus

Trending Stories

Your Local Election HQ

More Election

Local Sports

High schools games affected by COVID-19 tests and concerns

Green Bay Nation: What if the Packers are without Davante Adams?

Green Bay Nation Pick 'Em

Green Bay Nation Challenge or No Challenge 9/23

Green Bay Nation Top Five Tweets 9/23

Green Bay Nation: Packers vs Saints Preview