TUESDAY 7/14/2020 10:41 a.m.
GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) – One person is without a home after a fire on Green Bay’s east side Tuesday morning.
Green Bay Metro Fire says crews were dispatched to the 800 block of S. Quincy Street for a report of smoke coming out of a house shortly before 6:45 a.m. Upon arrival, fire crews found smoke coming out of a third-story window.
When Green Bay Metro Fire crews entered the home, they encountered heavy heat and smoke on the first and second floors. Fire operations were difficult, according to authorities, because of the age and construction style of the home.
Additional crews were called in to help extinguish the fire. Green Bay Metro Fire says the fire was knocked down and overhauled to prevent further damage to the home. No injuries were reported as a result of the fire, but one person is now without a home.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation by the Green Bay Fire Marshal’s Office. Green Bay Metro Fire estimates the dollar loss to be about $150,000.
Original Story: Green Bay crews battle east side house fire
TUESDAY 7/14/2020 7:48 a.m.
GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) – Crews battled a house fire on Green Bay’s east side this morning.
WFRV Local 5 has a crew on the scene, which is in the 800 block of Quincy Street.
Authorities tell WFRV Local 5 that multiple departments responded to the scene. The fire reportedly began in the second floor.
Few details are available at this time. WFRV Local 5 will continue to follow this story as it develops.
- Warren Gerds/Critic at Large: Week ahead: Performances arriving or no longer in calendar, part 21
- “We’re All In” comes to Green Bay focused on small businesses
- Brown County man selling sunflowers, a crop that’s good medicine for all in a pandemic
- San Diego County to provide free coronavirus testing at border crossing
- Healthcare officials, parents weigh in on helping kids get used to masks