GREEN BAY AREA REGIONAL NEWS: Brown County

Green Bay family treated for smoke inhalation after living room fire

Local News

GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) – A Green Bay family was treated by local emergency personnel after a fire was put out in their home.

According to a release, the Green Bay Fire Department was alerted to the fire around 6:30 p.m. Friday near the 1000 block of Ethel Ave.

Firefighters say the flames seemed to come from the living/family room before it was quickly put out within five minutes.

After the flames were extinguished, fire crews say they ventilated the building, took care of charred furniture, and monitored the air quality. They estimate a $10,000 loss.

As for the cause? Fire Marshals say they have yet to determine the origin.

Local 5 will update this article when more information becomes available.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Coronavirus News

More Coronavirus

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

Your Local Election HQ

More Election

Local Sports

EXCEPTIONAL ATHLETE: Emily LaChapell

GAME OF THE WEEK: FREEDOM VS WRIGHTSTOWN

GBN 12/1/21 - LOOK AT PLAYOFF PICTURE

GBN 12/1/21 - CHALLENGE OR NO CHALLENGE

GBN 12/1/21 - LETS GET SOCIAL

GBN 12/2/21 - WELCOME BACK DEFENSE