GREEN BAY AREA REGIONAL NEWS: Brown County

Green Bay fire crews only use fire extinguisher to clear ‘smoldering’ fire in apartment

Local News

GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) – Green Bay fire crews only used a fire extinguisher to clear a fire that had ignited in an apartment unit on Saturday afternoon.

According to the Green Bay Metro Fire Department, on Saturday at around 1:11 p.m., crews responded to the 1300 block Western Avenue for reports of a fire that was in the bathroom of one of the apartment units in the building.

Upon arrival at the scene, fire crews say they were able to extinguish the ‘smoldering’ fire in the bathroom with a fire extinguisher.

After the fire was extinguished, firefighters report they remained at the scene to clear the apartment of smoke. The total damage caused by the fire is estimated at $1,500. No injuries were reported.

Authorities say the incident remains under investigation by the Green Bay Metro Fire Department Fire Marshall’s office.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Coronavirus News

More Coronavirus

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

Your Local Election HQ

More Election

Local Sports

HS SPORTS XTRA: Luxemburg-Casco wins big over Denmark

HS Sports Xtra: De Pere stuns Bay Port again; West De Pere rolls

High School Volleyball: Notre Dame, Freedom win key conference games

Green Bay Nation 9/15/21: Pick Em

Green Bay Nation 9/15/21: Challenges

Green Bay Nation 9/15/21: Time to Get Social