MONDAY 2/24/20 5:00 p.m.
GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) – No one was hurt after a fire in a paper machine at Proctor & Gamble around 11:55 a.m.
When crews arrived, they found plant personnel working to contain the fire in one of the machines. They encountered moderate to heavy smoke in numerous locations throughout the machine.
Due to the complexity of the fire, the call was upgraded to the 2nd Alarm level.
Crews worked for several hours to open up the machine and ventilation system to locate the fire.
Multiple municipalities assisted Green Bay Fire including Bellevue, De Pere, New Franken, Denmark, Howard, Ashwaubenon, and Lawrence.
There is no estimated dollar loss at this time.
ORIGINAL STORY: Green Bay Metro Fire battling fire at Proctor & Gamble
MONDAY 2/24/2020 2:15 p.m.
GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) – Green Bay Metro Fire says crews are currently fighting a fire at Proctor & Gamble on Eastman Avenue.
The fire is located on the south side of the building, according to authorities. Heavy smoke was found upon arrival.
Multiple agencies are reportedly assisting Green Bay Metro Fire.
At this time, the cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Local 5 will provide updates as they become available.
- Appleton Police assisting those who need it most through their ‘Good Neighbor Program’
- Golf courses petition Governor to reverse closures
- Appleton Police encouraging students to design, display posters of support for healthcare workers
- One person pronounced dead at scene of Waushara County car fire
- Rules changed in Wisconsin, in case farmers are forced to dump milk