MONDAY 8/3/2020 8:49 a.m.
GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) – Crews are investigating a Green Bay house fire that caused one person to be relocated Monday morning.
According to the Green Bay Metro Fire Department, crews were called to a working structure fire in the 800 block of 9th Street at around 7:40 a.m.
Officials tell WFRV Local 5 that smoke was seen coming out the front and back of the house. While crews received reports that a person was inside the home, no one was found. The individual living at the home has been relocated, according to Green Bay Metro Fire.
Green Bay Metro Fire says a firefighter suffered a laceration on the hand while responding to the fire.
Firefighting efforts were hampered by hoarding conditions, according to Green Bay Metro Fire.
The fire was contained in about 20 minutes. The cause of the fire remains under investigation and estimated loss is about $50,000.
Original Story: Green Bay Metro Fire responding to west side structure fire
MONDAY 8/3/2020 8:08 a.m.
GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) – The Green Bay Metro Fire Department is responding to an active structure fire on Green Bay’s west side.
Officials say emergency crews are in the 800 block of 9th Street for a working structure fire.
Drivers are encouraged to find an alternative route for their morning commute.
WFRV Local 5 will provide more details as they become available.
- Warren Gerds/Critic at Large: Week ahead: Performances arriving or no longer in calendar, part 29
- Green Bay restaurant owner offering free beer samples to celebrate his family roots in Luxembourg
- Oshkosh neighborhood upset with the number of sex offenders at a transitional living facility
- Bitter debate taunts overpower Trump’s, Biden’s visions
- Nonprofits find new ways to fundraise as coronavirus pandemic continues