GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) – A Green Bay police officer was taken to a local hospital early Sunday morning after being involved in a two-vehicle accident.
According to the Green Bay Police Department, just before 3 a.m., police responded to the area near the intersection of Mason Street and Bellevue Street for a report of a two-vehicle crash.
Police confirm that the vehicles involved in the crash were a marked police cruiser and a small SUV.
Officials report the officer in the squad car and the driver in the SUV were both taken to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
While the accident remains under investigation, police say alcohol does not appear to be a factor in the incident.
- Green Bay mother sentenced to 10 years in death of toddler
- Philip Rivers retiring after historic 17-year NFL career
- Upper Michigan man details entry to US Capitol on Facebook, arrested by FBI
- Trump follows tradition, leaves Oval Office note for Biden
- Green Bay City Hall closed Wednesday due to general threat toward state, local government