Green Bay Police Department’s Crime Analysis Unit says there is an ongoing crime pattern on the city’s west side leading into Ashwaubenon.
They say since February 19, there have been five reports of catalytic converters being stolen off vehicles in Green Bay and two in Ashwaubenon. They say the following conclusions have been made:
- These thefts are happening at local businesses, after business hours, during darkness, and in a concentrated area on the far west side.
The department says they want to bring awareness to the community about these thefts so businesses and residents can be on alert for possible suspicious people. The following tips have been recommended by police:
- If you see something/someone suspicious, say something by
calling your local law enforcement jurisdiction.
- If your vehicles are left outside, keep the area well lit.
- If possible, set up video surveillance of your business and
- Be a good neighbor, friend, resident, and be on the lookout.
If you have any information regarding these thefts contact the Green Bay Police Department at (920) 448-3208 or you can remain anonymous by calling Green Bay Area Crime Stoppers at (920) 432-7867 or at their website. You can also download the P3 app through Google Play or the App Store.