GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) - Green Bay Area Public Schools will host the third annual Autism Awareness Walk on Monday, April 30 to raise awareness and support for individuals and families affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
According to the Autism Science Foundation, one in 68 children are diagnosed with an ASD.
GBAPS says, as part of April’s Autism Awareness Month, students and staff have been raising awareness and money for the Autism Society of Northeast Wisconsin through fundraising.
On April 30, staff and students at the following schools will walk for Autism for approximately one mile.
Members of the public are welcome to walk as well.
· East High at 3:25 p.m. – 1415 E. Walnut Street
· Kennedy Elementary at 1:30 p.m. – 1754 Ninth Street
· King Elementary at 1:45 p.m. – 1601 Dancing Dunes
· Martin Elementary at 1:30 p.m. – 626 Pinehurst Drive
· Minoka-Hill at 1:00 p.m. – 325 N. Roosevelt Street
· Nicolet Elementary at 1:00 p.m. – 1309 Elm Street
· Red Smith School at 1:00 p.m. – 2765 Sussex Road
· Southwest High at 1:00 p.m. – 1331 Packerland Drive
· Webster Elementary at 1:00 p.m. – 2101 S. Webster Avenue
· West High at 1:00 p.m. – 966 Shawano Avenue
In the event of rain, the walk will be rescheduled for Tuesday, May 1.
Watch the full 2018 Appleton Christmas Parade below!
A special holiday proposal happened during Appleton's Christmas…