GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) – Green Bay will host its first-ever Juneteenth parade this summer.
Juneteenth is an American holiday commemorating the announcement of the abolition of slavery in 1865.
According to Sharon Harper, Executive Director of AACPN and Director of Bring Your Own 5 says the theme of the parade will be “The Chains are Broken: Let Freedom Ring.”
For more on the parade, see the poster below. For more on BYO5, click here.
- Despite pandemic, Big Brothers Big Sisters provides “consistent support” to NE Wisconsin’s littles
- Manitowoc: Orion Energy Systems employees making masks to help community during coronavirus pandemic
- Wisconsin’s confusing and controversial spring election
- All Meijer store locations set to close early on Easter Sunday
- Better Business Bureaus warns small business owners about SBA Scam circling Wisconsin