FOX VALLEY AREA REGIONAL NEWS: Calumet County, Fond du Lac County, Outagamie County, Winnebago County

Heavy smoke damage to home after dehumidifier catches fire in basement

Local News

TOWN OF OSBORN, Wis. (WFRV) No one was injured after a fire inside a home that happened Friday afternoon.

The incident happened at 11:49 a.m. on W3116 Kortney Lane in the Town of Osborn. When crews arrived, black smoke was present in the home and the homeowner believed the dehumidifier was burning in the basement.

Crews entered with zero visibility from the black smoke and a Thermal Imaging Camera was used to locate the fire in the basement.

The fire was extinguished within 20 minutes and was contained to that area and did not spread to any other parts or structures of the home.

The home did sustain major smoke damage.

Damage to the home is estimated at $20,000.

Latest Stories

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Coronavirus News

More Coronavirus

Trending Stories

Your Local Election HQ

More Election

Local Sports

Kewaunee girls take commanding lead in Packerland, Notre Dame cruises past Bay Port

High School Sports Xtra: Notre Dame rolls in Game of the Week; Ashwaubenon pulls big upset

High School Sports Xtra: Local 5 Top 5 Plays, Ashwaubenon Team of the Week

High School Sports Xtra: Dorn breaks Seymour boys record

High School Hoops: Ashwaubenon upsets De Pere, favorites hold court in NEC

Dorn becomes Seymour boy's all-time leading scorer, St. Mary Catholic & Lourdes Academy cruise