NORTHWOODS REGIONAL NEWS: Florence County, Forest County, Langlade County, Marinette County, Menominee County, Menomonie County, Oconto County,  Shawano County

House fire in Navarino caused by cigarette

Local News

NAVARINO, Wis. (WFRV) – Fire crews responded to a house fire in Navarino after the homeowner fell asleep with a lit cigarette.

According to officials who spoke with Local 5, the homeowner fell asleep while smoking and the cigarette caused the fire.

The incident occurred at the 600 block of Pine Street.

No injuries were reported, according to authorities.

There is no information on the extent of the damage to the home.

Local 5 will update this story as more information becomes available.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Coronavirus News

More Coronavirus

Trending Stories

Your Local Election HQ

More Election

Local Sports

Shawano's Abby Tuma beats cancer to return volleyball court, receives WIAA Spirit Award

Appleton North & Manitowoc Lincoln girls, Kimberly boys punch tickets to spring state

Kimberly boys and girls volleyball teams prepare for sectional showdowns

Blizzard preps for 2021 season

Game of the Week: Notre Dame wins instant classic on late field goal

High School Sports Xtra: Extended interview with state swimming champ Brigitta Neverman