GREEN BAY AREA REGIONAL NEWS: Brown County

Improper disposal of ashes cause of fire in Green Bay

Local News

GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) – The Green Bay Metro Fire Department had a small fire under control after 15 minutes, according to a release.

The incident happened Saturday, the 23 on Spence Street around 6:22 p.m.

The fire department responded to reports of a structure fire. Upon arrival, they found an exterior fire in a trash container that had spread to the inside of the structure.

Crews were able to extinguish the fire in 15 minutes.

The cause of the fire is improper disposal of ashes and the total damage to the structure is $15,000.

No one was injured in the fire.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Coronavirus News

More Coronavirus

Trending Stories

Your Local Election HQ

More Election

Local Sports

Family Ties: Close knit Lourdes Academy Knights eye state title

UW-Oshkosh men advance in high scoring affair

Sports Xtra: UW-Oshkosh's Fischer talks regular season, WIAC tournament

Gamblers drop weekend finale to Des Moines

High School Sports Xtra: Local 5 Top 5 Plays, Team of the Week

High School Sports Xtra: Recapping boys basketball sectionals, state brackets revealed