FOX VALLEY AREA REGIONAL NEWS: Calumet County, Fond du Lac County, Outagamie County, Winnebago County

Improperly discarded cigarette believed to be cause of Fond du Lac house fire

Local News

FOND DU LAC, Wis. (WFRV) – An improperly discarded cigarette is believed to have started a fire at a Fond du Lac home early Tuesday morning.

The City of Fond du Lac Fire/Rescue reported to the fire just before 5 a.m. this morning in the 100 block of Chestnut Street. Smoke alarms alerted the family inside when smoke began filling the home.

Upon arrival, crews say they found a smoldering fire between outdoor decking material and the side of the house.

Crews say they will be canvassing the neighborhood around Chestnut and Johnson to pass out fire safety information to nearby residents.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Coronavirus News

More Coronavirus

Trending Stories

Your Local Election HQ

More Election

Local Sports

Papermakers fall in Division One state title game against

Discipline and preparation carries Kimberly boys basketball into state championship game

Xavier's upset bid falls short in Division 2 semifinals against Onalaska

Wrightstown falls to Racine St. Catherine's in first state appearance

Lourdes wins division four state basketball championship

Kimberly boys basketball brings confidence to Division I state tournament