GREEN BAY AREA REGIONAL NEWS: Brown County

Items left on stovetop cause of Green Bay fire

Local News

GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) – Items left on a stovetop have been identified as the cause of a Tuesday morning fire in Green Bay.

According to Green Bay Metro Fire, crews were called out to a structure fire in the 1100 block of S. Jackson shortly before 5:30 a.m. Authorities say that, upon arrival, smoke could be seen from open windows.

Green Bay Police had reported an active fire in the kitchen, but were driven out by smoke.

Green Bay Metro Fire says they were able to quickly extinguish the fire with one hoseline. The fire was contained to the stovetop with minor extension to the walls and cabinets.

Officials say the fire was started when items stored on the stovetop were ignited after the wrong burner was accidentally turned on. The damages to the home are estimated to be at about $5,000.

No injuries were reported as a result of the fire.

Latest Stories

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Coronavirus News

More Coronavirus

Trending Stories

Your Local Election HQ

More Election

Local Sports

Green Bay Nation 10/21: What happened to the Packers offense?

Green Bay Nation 10/21: GBN Gang Pick 'EM

Green Bay Nation 10/21: Challenge or No Challenge

Green Bay Nation 10/21: Top Five Tweets

Green Bay Nation 10/21: Previewing the Texans

Luxemburg-Casco claims NEC volleyball title, Seymour cruises in boys soccer playoffs