According to a release, former Vice President Biden will hold a community meeting in Kenosha “to bring together Americans to heal and address the challenges we face.”
Their visit comes on the heels of President Donald Trump’s Monday visit. While in Wisconsin, Pres. Trump announced Wisconsin and local jurisdictions within the state will receive $41 million in grant awards to “address a surge in community violence and ongoing civil unrest.”
Over the last month, both Pres. Trump and Vice President Mike Pence have made multiple stops in Wisconsin, including Pres. Trump visiting Oshkosh, VP Pence’s visit to Darien, and Pres. Trump’s visit to Kenosha. VP Pence is scheduled to visit La Crosse on Labor Day.
This is a developing story, WFRV Local 5 will provide more updates as they become available.
- Summerfest announces 2021 headliners, includes Luke Bryan, Miley Cyrus
- Off/on rain chances, and chilly days ahead
- CDC research projects COVID’s toll on US will dip sharply by end of July
- Green Bay Police respond to weapons call, says not a random act
- Northeast Wisconsin natives Dietzen, Heim get shot as undrafted free agents