KAUKAUNA, Wis. (WFRV) – A Kaukauna family is facing an estimated $40,000 worth of damages after a fire erupted in their garage on Friday night.
According to the Kaukauna Fire Department, at around 9 p.m., firefighters responded to a home located in the 1900 block Augustine Street for reports of a fire.
Upon arrival, crews say they discovered a detached garage filled with smoke, which was also leaking from the soffit. Fire Department personnel then made entry into the garage through a side door and quickly extinguishing the fire.
No one was reported injured during the incident and the family will be able to stay in their home. A preliminary investigation estimated the damage to the garage and its content may be nearly $40,000.