KAUKAUNA, Wis. (WFRV) – Kaukauna residents came together on Sunday to send prayers dedicated to COVID-19 victims and for an end to the coronavirus pandemic.
According to the Kaukauna parish, several members of the community joined forces and prayers during the Light from Light Family Ecumenical Event which started at Holy Cross.
During the event, the community lit candles and walked together across the river to St. Katharine Drexel in Kaukauna.
“It was our effort to try and say to Kaukauna – we’re still alive, we’re still here, we’ve got through 2020 – and we’re just bringing that hope and hospitality and the gospel of Jesus,” shared Father David Mcelroy.
- Biden to deliver remarks on combatting spread of COVID-19
- Should you be wearing two masks? Here’s what Dr. Fauci says
- Keep your iPhone 12 six inches away from certain medical devices, Apple says
- Biden phases out federally run private prisons, signing 4 orders aimed at racial equity
- Wisconsin has highest COVID-19 related deaths in ten days, adds 1,301 new positive cases