(WFRV) – Ring in the holidays the proper way… With a good old-fashion light show!
These dazzling displays are put on by members of the community and feature hundreds of thousands of Christmas lights, animatronics, and classic Christmas music, and soon, you’ll be able to see them for yourself.
Below is an ongoing list of cities across northeast Wisconsin that have announced dates, times, and locations for upcoming light shows happening near you.
Fond du Lac
Lakeside Light Show
Residents and guests driving through Fond du Lac won’t want to miss this; the Lakeside Light Show is back and once again offering visitors more than just a visually appealing performance.
Starting November 25, visitors will be able to enjoy a 20-minute show synchronized with holiday tunes from the warmth of their vehicle. In order to watch the show and listen to the music, visitors will need to drive into the park, park their vehicle in an area where the light show can be seen and switch their radio to 87.9 FM.
- What: Lakeside Light Show
- Where: Lakeside Park, 555 N Park Ave, Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
- When: November 25 through January 1
- Time: 5 p.m. to 11 p.m., daily
- Admission Cost: Free
Oshkosh Celebration of Lights
The Oshkosh Celebration of Lights show held at Menominee Park has become something of a cherished tradition across the Fox Valley, with guests and community members eager to see the festive bright lights each time the holidays roll around.
Part of what makes this light show so amazing is that it showcases over one million twinkling lights along a 1.2-mile-long path. Other highlights include a 100-foot tree, sculptured scenes, and animated light displays. So, make sure you get in the car this season and head down holiday lane at the Oshkosh Celebration of Lights show.
- What: Oshkosh Celebration of Lights
- Where: Menominee Park, 520 Pratt Trail
- When: November 26 to January 1
- Time: 5:20 p.m. to 9 p.m. daily
- Admission: $10.00/vehicle
- Free admission on Community Nights with non-perishable food donations.
For more information, visit the Oshkosh Celebration of Lights website.
Brody’s Christmas Lights for Charity
The flashing lights perfectly paired with Christmas jingles won’t be the only things that wow you at Brody’s Christmas Lights for Charity in Oshkosh. Something unique about this light show is that it is created and designed by a 12-year-old boy named Brody. That’s right since he was 12 years old, Brody has had a love for lights and electricity which he is now sharing with the entire community.
Brody’s Christmas Lights for Charity will be synchronized to holiday music which people watching the show can tune in to 88.3 FM to hear. In addition, Brody says this year his show will be supporting and collecting donations from the following local organizations:
- The Oshkosh Kids Foundation- Brody will be accepting monetary donations for this charity.
- Oshkosh Area Community Pantry- Brody will be accepting non-perishable food items for this charity.
- Oshkosh Area United Way – Brody will be accepting new and gently used children’s books that will be donated and distributed to the Oshkosh community .
- What: Brody’s Christmas Lights for Charity
- Where: 1874 Westbreeze Drive in Oshkosh
- When: November 24 to January 1
- Time: 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., Sundays – Thursdays
- 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., Fridays & Saturdays
- Admission: Free
- Will be accepting donations
For more information and updates, visit Brody’s Christmas Lights for Charity Facebook page.
Memorial Park Light Display
On Nov. 18, from 5:45 p.m. to 7 p.m. Village of Kimberly residents and guests can witness as Memorial Park is completely illuminated. But don’t worry, if you can’t make the initial lighting ceremony you’ll still be able to catch these dazzling lights sometime this season.
Village officials confirm that Memorial Park will be lit every night at dusk for the entire month of December for the community to enjoy.
- What: Memorial Park light display
- Where: Memorial Park, located at 218 E. Kimberly Avenue
- When: Late November through December
- Time: Dusk, daily
- Admission: Free
For more information about this event, visit the Village of Kimberly Facebook page.
Delightfully Calumet Light Show
The holidays are a time of giving and this time you can do just that while enjoying a delightful-ly light show. The Delightfully Calumet Light Show in Chilton is a drive-through holiday light show that is helping stock the shelves for local food pantries throughout Calumet County.
The annual light show is featured at the Calumet County Fairgrounds in Chilton every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in December. It will offer guests a quality show incorporating thirteen 150-foot displays boasting over 130,000 lights synchronized to Christmas music. Attendees will be asked to tune their car radio into a specified station.
While the cost of driving through the light show is free, organizers are accepting kind donations and non-perishable food donations.
- What: Delightfully Calumet Light Show
- Where: Calumet County Fairgrounds in Chilton
- When: Every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in December
- Time: 5 p.m. to 9 pm..
For more information, visit the Delightfully Calumet website.
Santa’s Rock n Lights
There’s no better way to get into the Christmas spirit than to drive through Santa’s Rock n Lights in De Pere. This cherished tradition takes place at the Brown County Fairgrounds and features over 100,000 animated lights that are nearly a mile in length.
The light show will run from Nov. 19 to January 2 and will also incorporate unique elements you can’t find anywhere else such as larger than Life 3D Polar Bears and dancing tunnels. To enjoy the show to Christmas tunes they are encouraged to turn their radio stations to 88.7.
- What: Santa’s Rock n Lights
- Where: Brown County Fairgrounds, 1500 Ft Howard Ave. De Pere
- When: November 19 to January 2
- Time: Sunday to Thursday 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday 5 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Admission: Starts at $19.99 / vehicle
For more information, visit the Santa’s Rockin Lights website.
Voyageur Park Holiday Lights Display
For the first time ever, De Pere Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department is hosting a holiday light display at Voyageur Park. The light display will be a drive-through experience and organizers anticipate they will have 20-24 trees decorated, averaging 500-750 lights per tree, along with displays on the ground.
- What: Voyageur Park Holiday Lights Display
- Where: Voyageur Park, 100 Williams St. De Pere
- When: Dec. 10-11, 17-18 & 23-16
- Times: 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
For more information, contact the Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department at 920-339-4065 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WPS Garden of Lights
Starting November 26, the beloved WPS Garden of Lights is making its way back to Green Bay. This show is well-known for transporting guests into a winter wonderland featuring more than 325,000 sparkling lights shaped into one-of-a-kind, nature-inspired light displays.
While guests will have the option to enjoy the show on foot elongating the experience, they will also be able to choose to ride in a horse-drawn wagon which condenses the show to about 10 to 15 minutes. Officials note that paths will be shoveled, salted, and will be accessible to wheelchairs and strollers.
In order to enhance the safety of all guests and staff, officials have implemented the following protocols:
- Dated and timed entry tickets must be purchased in advance.
- Face coverings are strongly recommended in all Garden buildings (ages 2 and up).
- Limited capacity per night spread out over a 4.5-hour period to limit gatherings in enclosed spaces.
- Limited seating on horse-drawn wagon rides.
- There will be one-way entry and exit points.
- What: WPS Garden of Lights
- Where: Green Bay Botanical Gardens, 2600 Larsen Road
- When: Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from November 26 through December 23
- Additional Dates: December 26 through December 30, and January 1
- Admission: Tickets must be purchased online and in advance
For more information on dates, times, and how to purchase tickets visit the Green Bay Botanical Garden WPS website or call 920.490.9457.
Winter Jubilee: Light Show
Santa’s coming to [Title]town! Starting November 26, community members and guests are invited to watch Titletown’s dazzling Winter Jubilee: Light Show every Friday and Saturday through December. This presentation will be projected onto Lambeau Field’s outer west façade, off of Ridge Road,
and will feature a blend of holiday-themed lights and animation, music, and special effects.
The first Winter Jubilee Light Show will begin at 6 p.m. on Nov. 26, with seven-minute shows every 30 minutes until 9 p.m. The second Winter Jubilee Light Show will be the following day on Nov. 27 and will follow the same programming schedule as the night before.
Organizers say the light show will happen most Friday and Saturday nights through December. However, Titletown officials note this schedule is subject to change and may sometimes be affected by Packers game weekends.
- What: Winter Jubilee: Light Show
- Where: Titletown Plaza located at 1065 Lombardi Avenue in Green Bay
- When: Nov. 26 – Dec. 30
- Time: 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Fridays & Saturdays
- Subject to change pending Packers game weekends
For the full list of shows dates and times, as well as parking information, visit the Titletown website.
Making Spirits Bright Holiday Light Show
The holidays never feel as good as they do in Sheboygan. Starting Nov. 26, you and your family can enjoy a dazzling display of Christmas lights from the comfort of your vehicle all while helping those throughout the community.
The Sheboygan County Rotary Club will be hosting its annual holiday lights display featuring thousands of lights synchronized to music. To be able to listen to the holiday music, residents driving through will need to turn their radio stations to 89.1 FM.
- Where: Evergreen Park, 3000 Calumet Drive
- When: November 26 through December 31, 2021
- Time: 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Admission Cost: Free donations, although donations are being accepted for food pantry or light display
- Drop off a donation for the food pantry or leave a cash donation for the display.
For more information, visit the Making Spirits Bright Sheboygan County Rotary Clubs website.
Why not get into the holiday spirit, and support a good cause; Kaukauna Public Library’s second annual “Library of Lights” returns! This will launch the Kaukauna Public Library Foundation Fundraiser “Planters for a Purpose.”
The light show begins at 5:30 p.m. on December 2nd and will run every single day for the rest of the month and all of January; so how could you not get into the holiday mood?
- Where: 207 Thilmany Road Suite 200
- When: December 2, and then every day through the months of December and January
- Time: 5:30 p.m. til 9 p.m.
- Admission cost: absolutely free!
For more information, head over to the Kaukauna Public Library’s website for this event and so much more.
The drive-thru Christmas lights display is back at the Waushara County Fairgrounds. According to the County Parks Facebook page, they received many donations from local businesses and residents allowing them to make the display bigger and better.
- Where: Waushara County Fairgrounds, 513 S. Fair St.
- When: December 10-11, 17-19, 23 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. AND December 24 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Admission: Free. Fere will donations go towards improving the display