WEDNESDAY 7/14/2021 9:46 p.m.
LITTLE CHUTE, Wis. (WFRV) – Little Chute Fire Department says they heard reports of a gas cloud forming above a natural gas transfer station around 4 p.m. Wednesday.
When crews arrived, the fire department says they found a high-pressure supply line valve gasket had blown causing natural gas to vent into the air.
Fire crews say WE Energies arrived and successfully closed the valve. Once the apartments and some of the homes close to the area were checked out by WE Energies, the all-clear was given to return.
The above video shows local police evacuating residents Wednesday.
UPDATE: Residents return home after gas leak in Little Chute
WEDNESDAY 7/14/2021 5:36 p.m.
LITTLE CHUTE, Wis. (WFRV) – Fox Valley Metro Police Department says WE Energies has given the green light for residents to return to their homes.
Original: Local crews respond to gas leak in Little Chute, residents evacuate
WEDNESDAY, 7/14/2021 4:53 p.m.
LITTLE CHUTE, Wis. (WFRV) – Multiple crews are responding to a gas leak in Little Chute as residents are evacuating their homes.
According to the Outagamie County Sheriff’s Office, the Little Chute Fire Department is at a leak on Holland Road.
Residents in homes and apartments in the area of the leak are being evacuated.
Authorities say if people have no place to go they can go to the Civic Center in Little Chute.
Local 5 will update this story when more information becomes available.