MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Authorities say firefighters swam about 20 yards to a vehicle that was sinking into a Madison lake and rescued a person who was trapped in the back seat.
The State Journal reports that the victim was unresponsive and did not have a pulse when pulled from the vehicle near the Warner Park Boat Launch on Saturday night.
The fire crew administered CPR until a medic arrived on the scene to provide advanced life support.
cA condition report was not available.
Authorities say a rescue team did not find any other occupants of the vehicle after performing an underwater search.
- Walmart announces Cyber Monday 2020 deals
- Warren Gerds/Critic at Large: Livestream ‘The Magic of the Holidays’ keeps much of a legacy going
- CDC sets meeting on allocation of COVID-19 vaccine
- One person dead in Marinette Co. after officer-involved shooting
- Nurses helping nurses: how out of state nurses lend a helping hand in Green Bay