FOND DU LAC, Wis. (WFRV) – A man was recently extricated from his vehicle and transported to a nearby hospital after rolling his truck while intoxicated.
According to the Wisconsin State Patrol, the man was operating while intoxicated, causing a single-vehicle rollover crash on I-41 near Fond du Lac at around 8:45 a.m.
A trooper from the Fond du Lac Post arrested the man, who needed to be extricated from his vehicle and transported to a nearby hospital to be treated for his injuries.
The driver told the trooper that he thought he did the right thing by staying at his friend’s house after drinking the night before.
According to the Wisconsin State Patrol, the man did the right thing but did not wait long enough to drive.
“While he was driving, he fell asleep at the wheel and woke up when his truck hit the rumble strips. He overcorrected his steering, which caused his vehicle to roll,” State Patrol says. “Fortunately, he only received minor injuries from the crash.”
- Report: Linsley out 3-6 weeks with knee sprain
- Warren Gerds/Critic at Large: Review: Virtual ‘The Glass Menagerie’ finely crafted in Oshkosh
- Little Chute Kiwanis Club continues Christmas parade despite the pandemic
- “I just want to continue to be part of it.” Manitowoc Mayor seeks re-election
- Manitowoc Police ask for help in finding owner of small dog who bit woman