SUAMICO, Wis. (WFRV) – Authorities say a man has been treated after he became stranded on the Bay of Green Bay by Longtail Beach Saturday morning.
The Suamico Fire Department says they, along with the Brown County Sheriff’s Office, responded to the scene shortly after 7 a.m. The man had reportedly driven his vehicle out onto the Bay but it had become submerged, causing the man to be stranded.
Authorities say the man was able to walk away from the vehicle. Suamico Fire, using their Rapid Deployment Craft, rescued the man. The man was treated at the scene.
Officials with Suamico Fire are reminding the public that ice safety is important, especially with fluctuating temperatures. The public is also advised to not attempt a rescue as the fire department is trained with special equipment for dangerous situations such as this.
- Surge in cases changes the way contact tracing works in Wisconsin
- The Art Garage ‘Doin’ the Classics’ amid COVID-19
- High court won’t extend Wisconsin’s absentee ballot deadline
- Members of West De Pere community push back against district’s decision to return to in-person learning
- Early voting in Green Bay, moderate turn out so far