MANITOWOC, Wis. (WFRV) – The Rahr-West Art Museum is celebrating the diversity in Manitowoc, thanks to the efforts and work of a local artist, Sonia Vasquez.
A native to Manitowoc, Sonia Vasquez is developing a project titled, “Portrait of Manitowoc” that depicts paintings of residents of all different backgrounds.
This project will be an ongoing effort for Vasquez with visitors able to visit and see her work as it progresses at the Rahr-West Art Museum.
Vasquez shares, “I do like the idea of having it live because it is more accessible to a lot of people that don’t want to come out during Covid…”
The final installation will be on exhibit at the Rahr-West Art Museum beginning March of 2021.
- Dodge County Sheriff’s Office looking for Huber inmate that failed to return to jail
- Can you take a selfie with your ballot in Wisconsin?
- Neenah Police investigating after man brought to hospital with gunshot wound
- Favre shows support for Pres. Trump while Holmgren backs Biden
- Lil Wayne gets backlash after showing support for Trump