MARINETTE, Wis. (WFRV) – The Marinette County Sheriff’s Office hauled multiple trucks filled with donations of groceries and household items for the Salvation Army Food Pantry on Friday.
According to the Sheriff’s Office, they were challenged by the Michigan State Police to participate in the annual “Stuff the Blue Goose & Stuff the Sheriff’ charity food drive event held at Jacks Fresh Market in Marinette.
During the event, both agencies raced against one another to fill their vehicles with donations which would be taken to the Salvation Army Food Pantry.
Deputies say that multiple vehicles were filled and are now thanking all the communities who donated items to make the event so successful.
- Green Bay School District to hold in-person graduations for 2021
- US expands ‘Do Not Travel’ advisory to 80% of countries amid pandemic
- Shooting at West Hempstead Stop & Shop: 1 dead, 2 wounded; suspect at large, police say
- More than $175 million going to Wisconsin schools for COVID-19 testing
- EU regulator finds link between J&J shot and blood clots