Green Bay, Wis. (WFRV) — A memorial has been set up at the crash site of Sunday’s fatal Lombardi Ave. accident.
As a result of the crash, a woman with two passengers was hit while turning into the Kwik Trip.
All three died from the impact of that accident.
Community members gathered Monday night near the memorial to give their condolences to the friends and family of the victims.
One of the victim’s friends said the community will mourn this loss for quite some time:
“He was always there for me as role model, as a teammate, as a star. Sad to see them go, it was too early,” says Gonzalo Huete, a friend of one of the victims.
The names of the victim’s involved in the crash have not yet been released but Huete says the whole soccer community is saddened by the loss.
- Studies suggest a link between blood type and COVID-19
- Cooler temperatures last through the weekend
- Green Bay’s troubled tourism industry takes another blow
- 1919 Kitchen and Tap, The Turn, 46 Below reopening in Green Bay
- WPS to close downtown Green Bay campus as employees work remotely, move to different location