WEDNESDAY 11/25/2020 12:16 p.m.
MENASHA, Wis. (WFRV) – Neenah-Menasha Fire Rescue is thanking multiple fire departments who assisted them in battling a fire at a local paper mill.
Wednesday morning, Menasha Police closed a portion of Washington Street while crews responded to the fire.
While few details are available at this time, Neenah-Menasha Fire Rescue thanked Appleton Fire, the Town of Neenah Fire Department, Village of Harrison Fire, Gold Cross Ambulance, Menasha Police, and Menasha Department of Public Works for their assistance this morning. Kwik Trip in Neenah is also credited for donating coffee to crews on scene.
Neenah-Menasha Fire Rescue shared the below photos from the scene:
No other details are available at this time. Stick with WFRV Local 5 on air and online for continuing coverage.
Original Story: Menasha Police: Avoid portion of Washington St. due to fire
WEDNESDAY 11/25/2020 8:39 a.m.
MENASHA, Wis. (WFRV) – Menasha Police are asking the community to avoid a bridge while the fire crews responded to a structure fire in the area.
A post on the Menasha Police Department’s Facebook page says Washington Street/STH 114 will be closed between Garfield and Water Street “for a couple of hours.”
WFRV Local 5 has received reports that the fire is in a paper mill in the area.
We are working to gather more information and will update this story as details become available.
- When will everyone have access to COVID vaccine? Biden says this spring
- Residents at Hobart long-term care facility eager to receive COVID-19 vaccine
- MISSING: 61-year-old Richard Carroll last seen in Monroe Co.
- Despite NFC Championship loss, hosting playoffs brings economic boost to Titletown
- Fox Cities Performing Arts Center announces Broadway lineup, hopes of inviting audiences back